Thursday, June 11, 2009

Leaf in Water



This morning I went out in the rain to capture some wildlife. I was hoping for a dry morning, however, slightly prepared for rain. This means my camera was covered and protected from the elements, but I was not. Silly me for thinking it was the summer season in Utah. Note to self, get a rain coat and galoshes for next time. Later, I will post a few of the pictures of a bird I was able to find. I want to identify it first. The leaf was floating close by and I watched the rain fall all around but never hit it. Imagine the leaf, as a great battle ship under attack from the air, the rain, incredibly she sails through unscathed. Some corrections done in Photoshop Elements. D200, 70-200mm lens, f5, 1/60 sec., ISO 200.

3 comments:

holdingmoments said...

Interesting shot David.
They're certainly big drops of rain.

~Carole said...

Hi David,

Thanks for visiting my blog.

You have some amazing shots here, not to mention the great bag of gear you lug around. :-)

~Carole said...

David, thanks for the tip on the copyright © symbol!