Thursday, September 3, 2009

Balloon









These were taken at a local elementary school. This weekend is the annual Antelope Island Balloon Stampede. Balloonist from far and wide will be lifting off the island in what I hope becomes a picture postcard moment. If the weather is bad (to windy) the balloons will not fly, however, it is also a kite flying festival. In either case I get the chance to take pictures. The owner of this balloon came to speak with students and put on a little show. I'm glad to get these shots, and hopeful for others this weekend. Stay tuned. D200, Sigma 18-50 f2.8 lens, ISO 200, Shutter Priority.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooooh! So jealous over here!

You know, I drove for TWO hours to go to a Hot Air Balloon Festival, with an at dusk launch - I went alone, my husband was out of town, I paid $11.00 to PARK - and the whole thing was CANCELLED due to wind!

NO PHOTOS.

Well, none of balloons. I took one of the grass...another of a kite flying, but STILL.

These are fabulous, by the way. :)

holdingmoments said...

I'd love to go up in a balloon.
Great shot with the flame.