Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The North End Of The Great Salt Lake




Taking a Saturday off, I took the time to go to the Northern end of Utah. The road to the Spiral Jetty is a dusty one and a rough going just before getting to the jetty. If you are going there you may have to get out and walk. The water was very low, not so uncommon lately. I remember the news announcing the visibility of the Spiral Jetty and the a fly-over picture from the news chopper many years ago. I have lived in Utah most of my life and just this month took the time to see it for myself. Many of the pictures I have seen of the jetty show it as white. The "white coloring" is salt crystals attached to the lava rock used to create it. D200, f16,1/60 sec.,ISO 125, with some editing.

1 comment:

Melissa Papaj Photography said...

Isn't that one of the longest rides ever?! I felt like it kept going and going and going....