Sunday, November 6, 2011

Praying Mantis







Found this little creature sneaking into the garage one day. I had my son capture it for a future photo section and we brought it into the house. We gave it a bigger home than a mason jar after a day or two. The roomer shoe box was a much more pleasing habit for the mantis. It or she left a egg sack behind in the box. What a surprise for us! With the help of my wife, surprised me too, we put the insect on a house plant. I used two different lens, a 105mm macro and a 70-200mm lens with extension tubes, to photograph the it. Depth of field was difficult to control with either set up but the detail is incredible. Ladybugs, a praying mantis, next time maybe spiders for a macro photo shoot at the kitchen table. Wife willing or out of town!

4 comments:

Scott Law said...

Love the colors and detail on these shots. Very nice.

Sorry I've been gone, my blog disappeared while I was in New England. I've put up a new one here to keep up for now.

holdingmoments said...

Excellent shots David. I love that second one.

Anonymous said...

Outstanding, David!
judy

Anonymous said...

Awesome shot and the fact you brought a bug inside Dave.

Dave = )